Miami Medical was Jeremy Northam’s most recent project and his first US TV show. It aired on CBS Primetime from April 2nd, 2010, at 10EST/PST, 9CST/MT. The series was created by Jeffrey Lieber (‘Lost‘) and was executive produced by him, Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Steve Maeda. The show was not renewed at the end of its initial 8-episode run and 5 additional episodes (which had already been filmed for series two) were aired during June and July 2010.
MEET THE ROCK STARS OF MEDICINE
Miami Medical is about a team of expert surgeons who shine brightest under the adrenaline rush of working on the edge. As part of the Alpha Team at one of the premiere trauma facilities in the country, these professionals exclusively treat patients with life threatening injuries. Jeremy Northam plays Dr. Matthew Proctor who is new to the trauma team after leaving a lucrative private practice following his return from a tour of duty in a MASH unit during the first Gulf War.
Dr. Eva Zambrano (Lana Parrilla) is a workaholic surgeon who is more comfortable in her scrubs than she is out in the real world. Dr. Chris Deleo, “Dr. C.,” (Mike Vogel) is a playboy who thrives on the high-stakes of trauma medicine and is, by his own description, a genius redneck. Dr. Serena Warren (Elisabeth Harnois) is fresh out of medical school, and head nurse Tuck Brody (Omar Gooding) keeps the doctors on track and the patients’ families updated in this chaotic corner of the medical profession. Together, this team of doctors excels in the “golden hour,” the 60 minutes after being critically injured, when a patient’s life hangs in the balance.
If Trauma doctors are the rock stars of medicine, the ones at Miami Medical are the Rolling Stones!
“One More Day” – JD Fortune CBS “Miami Medical” Promo
JD Fortune | MySpace Music Videos
- Miami Medical cancelled Just as we were getting used to seeing Jeremy Northam on our TV screens once again every week, even if it was in scrubs, CBS announced today that it’s cancelled Miami Medical.
- Model Doctors TVGuidemagazine.com has posted a great video up on YouTube of a photoshoot and interviews with Jeremy Northam and the other stars of CBS show Miami Medical. Although it’s only now been posted (on May 7, 2010), it looks as if it was filmed the same day as the TCA panel discussion back in January 2010. ...
- Miami Medical’s Mad Max Christopher Emerson appears in Miami Medical for the first time this coming Friday, April 9 on CBS (10/9c). He took time out from his busy schedule to answer a few questions…
- Miami Medical Rolls In! “I’m here to live.” So replies the mysterious Dr. Proctor when a young resident asks “Why are you here?” And living is the driving force in this new, fast-moving medical drama.
- LIVE BLOG Premiere Party It’s Miami Medical Premiere Night (finally!) and JeremyNortham.net is going to a paaaarrrty. And you’re all invited to come, too.